How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less …sucky.
If this is your first time embarking on a Make Mondays NOT Suck (#MakeMondaysNOTsuck) journey, we suggest that read this first. Because let’s face it, as optimistic as we may be, we still think that Mondays Suck
Why Does This Monday Suck? Email us right here via this link. (The Subject Line is Ready to Go!)
Toss and turn, your eyes still burn,
Yet, dreary and gray, you start the day.
The car in front of you is practicing mindfulness driving yet the only thing they aren’t considering is that it’s Monday Morning, rush hour traffic. Doing 20 miles under the speed limit and no other routes to the highway, you endure the long and slow ride to the bridge. Your scorching hot lava coffee runs down your thigh as you screech your brakes to an abrupt stop.
Making it to lunch will be a miracle today, but then again having to face the walk back from lunch is a WHOLE other story as the Post Lunch Monday Blues are going to rock your world.
But hey let’s look on the bright side (because that’s what we’re all about)…
Let’s take a moment away from complaining about how much the “Mondays SUCK” routine and realize that underneath the surface of the initial knee-jerk reaction to dreading Monday Mornings, there are thousands of reasons to be thankful for our current situation in life.
“Take a deep breath every hour, it’s our hourly reminder that life is good!” – John Tomms, longtime subscriber/Baptism Bro
It is SO easy for us to become consumed by our challenges, disappointments and inconveniences. The biggest challenge we face is to breakthrough this self-induced obsession and truly see life for what it really is: A Gift.
PLEASE, treat it as such. We only get one.
Don’t take a moment for granted and adopt the attitude of gratitude. We promise, even if it doesn’t solve your problems, at least they won’t seem as big!
Thanks for letting us preach…
We’re all just trying to find what really makes happy, that’s why along the ride:
We’re here to help you #MakeMondaysNOTsuck !
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
Suds up bruh!!
Let’s Start with..
The fact that you’ve got laundry to do means two things:
- That you have clothes to clean, which is something to be grateful for in it of itself.
- That you have access to the resources necessary for clean clothes (clean water, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, etc.)
So let’s start out by being thankful for those two things!
Don’t Get It Twisted
Isn’t Sunday Laundry Day?!
In an ideal world, yes.. Sunday would definitely be laundry day.
With that being said, yesterday we were too busy playing video games, having a horrible bout of the Sunday Scaries and having to wait until the late hours of the evening to play hockey when we should have been sleeping.
What Sucks About Laundry?
- The fact that we take for granted the fact that all we have to do is press a button, and that our ancestors had to actually do everything by hand.
- It’s such a simple task but option paralysis may take place, making decisions about:
- separating based on light vs. dark clothes
- the length of the spin cycle
- hot/cold/warm wash, rinse cold?
- what kind of detergent?
- The ever-dreaded process of folding and then putting the clothes into drawers.
When you think about it – you can really over-complicate such a simple task.
- It IS possible to have someone else do your laundry. If you have younger siblings, this is an awesome opportunity for you to teach them responsibility while having them earn a little extra cash!
- If that fails, most dry cleaning services offer a great price on the pickup/cleaning and delivery of your laundry (plus the machines they have are a lot bigger than yours at home)
Now Let’s Get to the Strategies!
The links we use for this practice are:
- Sense of productivity/accomplishment
- Clean smelling clothes
- Saved time: Layout your outfits for the rest of the week.
- Decluttered spaces
- Boost in organization
Make Mondays NOT Suck with US!