How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less …sucky.
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
As much as we REALLY don’t mind our day jobs, we still realize that after a gorgeous weekend of hitting the sticks out on the links (tried out a new course these past weekend, a regional favorite) sprinkle in a little bit of R&R, and we’re back to the reality of the workweek.
With that being said, this Monday sucks because things have been pretty hectic at work and starts to trickle over into leisure/extracurricular activities.
Mini Strategy of the (mon)Day:
For those interested in making a move towards a more flexible way of living… This is YOUR article. (Those Millennials, they’re SO crazy!)
Post-Run Endorphin’s were flowing and that gave room for a little creative thinking (Thanks Johnny 2008).
The question came up:
“How are so many people able to go out and do what they want? Do they even work?”
The answer to the latter is YES.. In fact, most are actually working harder than we think!
Thanks to our REMOTE friend Steven Cicalese (Co-Founder of AMZ Advisers), we are able to understand the startup process, extensively outlined below in his article:
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
As always we like to start out with a quick peruse of today’s Morning Coffee Thoughts from Post Grad Problems: ALL CAPS, satirical, tongue in cheek tonality and great mantras. You really cant go wrong here:
With that being said, Today We’re talking…..
Joining a Social Sports Team
But Mr. Manifest.. I HATE Sports..
I’m really challenging you to hear me out on this one. Leave your close-mindedness at the door because I’m about to make the best case there is for this one.. Aside from the brief hiatus in Men’s Hockey team (Shoutout to the boys: @warhawkshockey), we’re diving deep into the sport of golf this week and joining a weekly league.
10 Reasons to Join a Social Sports Team
For this one I’m going to paraphrase a list I received at this amazing website (Do Austin Stuff In Austin) for those of you Austin, TX natives. (Cough John Duda you know any of the writers?):
- “You’ll Make Friends” – As funny as my jokes are, and with my emotional intelligence as high as it is, I know when it’s appropriate to make a joke about Light-hearted Larry’s missed putt and when to keep my mouth shut after Pauly Pizza shanks his driver 30 yards off the tee box. I’m ready for this one.
- “You Might Make More Than Friends” – Pretty sure this one alluding to marriage and all that stuff… I’m gonna go the route of networking. This will be a great opportunity for me to pass out my business cards to expand the Story behind Manifest, and Manifest it!
- “It’s Like Your Childhood but With Drinking” – Not sure “Adult beverages” are going to be included in this league I’m playing in, but either way, hopefully I’ll experience flashbacks to childhood bliss when My Cousin (@Madtaz64) would our “G” version of the encyclopedia’s on the three pages for Golf and use our little tikes golf set to improve our game.
- “It’s like your childhood but without the whole ‘being picked last’ thing.”- This is becoming redundant but let’s get one thing straight, I love an underdog story. If I’m picked last, it means I’m now stepping my game up to show those that underestimated me during the picking process. Take that Northeastern University Wait List.
- “It makes exercise tolerable.” – Those that know me, know how frequently I’ve been skipping out on workouts to play a round of golf. So yes, I’m all in on this one.
- “There’s all that off-the-field fun.” – This goes back to the networking, I’m ready to meet some new people and implement the Manifest Attitude into the great (Mental) sport of golf.
- “It’s a healthy competitive outlet.” – As I texted my event partner for the league (two-some match play for those golfers interested), I’m in it to win it. We’re gonna get hella competitive up in here.
- “You can do it for spite.”- Although our actions are usually not motivated by spite, this one goes out to you Northeastern University Wait List. You could’ve had a new scholar/athlete on the Pro-AM PGA Tour graduate, but I guess your applicant pool was too rich (I digress.)
- “It gives your weekdays meaning.” – This one might be my favorite one.. and speaks for itself and just to add in the first few words of print: “You know what makes Mondays suck less?” YES! Yes, I would love that, Do Awesome Stuff in Austin writers, Thank you!
- “Plus- Free Shirts” – As I have come to find out: people LOVE free merch (also known as freebies). I’m not sure if this will be an added perk for the league I’m joining but I’m open to dream about that sweet Green Jacket that I’m going to purchase once we win this league. Free or Not, don’t you worry, I’ll find a way to showcase our domination of this league, one way or another.
That’s All Folks!
And don’t forget to vent to us about why your Monday Sucks, because just like this tweet (follow us on twitter here) describes, we STILL think that Mondays generally suck.
Shooters shoot, and closers close. Go out there and crush this week.