How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less …sucky.
‘Monday’ Tweet of the Day
We got cocky last night and finished last in a late night Chell tournament so we had to tweet this one out:
“For before the Gods destroy a man, they first make said man proud” -Euripides
— Manifest Millennial (@Manifest1000) May 30, 2017
Really going with the Michael Scott theme with that tweet..
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
Well let’s start out by addressing the elephant in the room. No, it is not actually Monday. We realize that it’s Tuesday. The Tuesday following an amazing #MemorialDayWeekend2017
Here’s a quick recap of what you’ve missed out on the Manifest Home Front:
Live Look-in at the 5th Annual Nicky Cav’s Memorial Day Picnic/Wiffle Ball Game.
This Year we sponsored the event and gave out the tee-shirts and it was a blast as always.
(NSFW Warning/Headphones Encouraged: Profanities littered throughout this short video cause we like to keep it real.)
Winners of the game rocking the Teal Blue Manifest it! Shirts, Great Job Team!! :
Great weekend all around, got a little golf in with my cousin on Saturday morning which is always a plus, even if we had to #Manifestit on the course due to extremely slow play.
Also if you don’t follow us on instagram, here’s what you missed on the ACTUAL Monday yesterday:
With that being said, let’s get on with the week.
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
But First: Gratitude Corner
Since as we mentioned before, it’s not actually Monday, we don’t have the pleasure of looking forward to our after-work golf league (#MMNS #25), so we’re trying to shift our week into positive momentum mode. Let’s first itemize the obvious, practice some gratitude and reflect back on the POSITIVE before we lose you:
- With Monday being a Holiday, the four day work week is already a short one. Double points here for not only having yesterday off, but also only having to work four days this week! We’re already 1/8th of the way through the week!
- As we had mentioned above, we’re reminiscing the good times that we had and happy to practice #gratitude for all of our loved ones that we were hopefully able to spend time with this past weekend.
So although last week we were able to catch up on errands before work and have been improving our sleeping habits via the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock/App, we’re still ALWAYS looking to improve our Mondays.. That’s why this week we’re…
Completing a Training During the Workday
We Know What You’re Thinking
This is another one of these posts where Mr. Manifest tells us to “do our work”. But really, all we’re suggesting here is to break up your workday by disrupting your current routine, while all the while you’re learning a new skill.
(Urgent) Email Notification: ‘Upcoming Required Trainings’
As we switch over to the new Workday Suite here in my full-time position, we’re being required to sign up for various hour and a half long training.
When I saw the date May 30th, first thing in the morning, I jumped at the opportunity, thinking to myself, “What better way to transition back from a long weekend than a training that will get me out of the office for a few hours?”
I Feel Like I’m Back In School
Like I said, I can’t say no to a late night chell tournament and my sleep last night was greatly affected, so I apologize if I’m in a bit of a daze.
Staggering into the back row of the nine row stadium style seating lecture hall after sprinting to the coffee shop with a little bit running down my thigh, I give a quick nod to the instructor as if to say, “Hey! Good Morning, I apologize for being a horrible person and the fact that I can’t be on time to a stadium style lecture hall.” I don’t think it’s in my DNA to be early to a lecture, maybe something I need to work on.
No excuses on this ‘Monday’ though, you know that we’re steady Manifesting. (Rule #71. No Excuses, Play Like a Champion.)
To summarize, the benefits of taking a training during the workday are two-fold:
- Get out of the office/break the routine
- Sharpen/Develop/Expand a Current or New Skill so that you establish a sense of accomplishment, self-efficacy and crush this week with positive momentum
Even If You Aren’t Required to Seek Additional Training..Find Something to Get Better at.
Although we’ve visited this strategy in a similar fashion before in the form of exploring your passions/interests (#MMNS #14), here are a few other ideas to get you going.. Even if it’s only for a few minutes today:
- Find a site like Lynda.com or Coursera.org to further develop an interest (Lynda is great for learning technical skills such as learning programs such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, etc. while Coursera is more of a educational based approach, using classroom resources to help you learn)
- As you probably already know, YouTube is also a great resource to find tutorials for almost any interest/skill you can think of.
Let’s use today to really think about the next 6 month of your career development.
- What skills will you hope to strengthen/develop in the next year?
- How can you reverse engineer these goals to decipher actionable steps to get you there?
We will leave you with the quote that we’ve grown to love throughout our journey here at Manifest:
— Manifest Millennial (@Manifest1000) May 16, 2017
And remember, at the end of the day we’re all in the game to be the best that we can be, why not push your limits this week? #selfimprovement
That’s All Folks!
And don’t forget to vent to us about why your Monday Sucks, because just like this tweet (follow us on twitter here) describes, we STILL think that Mondays generally suck.
Shooters shoot, and closers close. Go out there and crush this week.