How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less …sucky.
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
Well THIS Monday is actually a Tuesday because we were fortunate enough to have yesterday off, Labor Day (This week’s actual Monday).
Returning to work after having some time off is always rough. The fifteenth snooze button slam and you surrender your freedom to live your life on your terms for a good majority of the day and submit to the real world. The conversation in our head fresh out of bed this morning was very negative and we had to stop ourselves from self-sabotaging a perfectly good day.
But hey let’s look on the bright side (because that’s what we’re all about):
- Only 4 days of work this week
- Today is Tuesday which means although it is the first day of the work week, it’s actually the second weekday so we’re already ahead of the game
- Tomorrow is Wednesday which means we’re getting a head start on the weekend!
The next holiday we’ve got is Thanksgiving Weekend!! 77 days away!! (which also marks our 2 year anniversary here at Manifest Millennial)
If you’re anything like us, sometimes you get too caught up in work, even if it’s your first day back in the office:
- Deadlines multiply
- Prioritizing tasks MAY be the death of you and the next thing you know you’ve got a desk full of paperwork and a “I don’t even know where to start” mentality.
- Your desk is littered with paper as if someone printed the entire Harry Potter Saga and dumped it on your desk.
We’re all just trying to find what really makes happy, that’s why along the ride we’re helping you #MakeMondaysNOTsuck !
How to Make
Mondays TUESDAY NOT Suck THIS WEEK
Indulge in Happy Hour
It’s been a long day and you’ve been working hard – and let’s face facts: sometimes you’ve just gotta reward yourself and let loose.
We’re not saying to go out there and get inebriated, but we ARE encouraging you to grab a mate, find a pub, and go shoot the breeze. After all, you may be doing your body a favor:
“A recent study published in the European Journal of Epidemiology found that moderate beer drinkers may be 30 percent less likely than nondrinkers to experience cardiovascular troubles, such as heart disease, stroke, and heart attacks. But what’s behind the brew’s benefits? Researchers credit the alcohol, polyphenols (antioxidants), and other non-alcoholic substances.” – Men’s Health, Your #1 Reason to Go to Happy Hour Tonight
Other benefits include:
- Introspective time to think about life
- Improved creativity to explore a new idea
- Increased feelings of social interaction
- Meeting a friend to catch up!
- Meeting new like minded people/ other Millennialheads that took our advice!
With half priced appetizer specials and $1 off draft beers or martini’s (like the ones over at Eli’s on the Hill), it’s hard to debate that Happy Hours are a GREAT way to make any Monday (Or in today’s case, Tuesday) NOT Suck.
And just because we’re super generous, we’re hooking you up with one of the best tools in the biz for getting your Happy Hour on:
A free app that let’s you find the nearest happy hour specials near you, so you can make decisions about your next destination right from your phone.
Make Mondays NOT Suck with US!