How to Make Mondays NOT Suck #22
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less ...sucky. If this is your first time embarking on a Make Mondays NOT Suck (#MMNS) journey, we suggest that read this first. With that being said, let's face it- we all know that Mondays suck.
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
The weekend was phenomenal weather wise and although we didn't take advantage as much as we would have liked to, we hope that you did.
Whether you watched the 81st Annual PGA Master's Golf Event, got out to walk the dog with the family, went for a brunch date with the girls from college. With that being said, you're smack dab in the middle of the start of the work week and can't reach Thursday Night any sooner (If you're like me, you're lucky to have Good Friday off - Thank you Jesus!)
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
As always we like to start out with a quick peruse of today's Morning Coffee Thoughts from Post Grad Problems: ALL CAPS, satirical, tongue in cheek tonality and great mantras. You really cant go wrong here:
With that being said, Today We're talking.....
Going For a Mid-Day Stroll (Walk at Lunch)
As mentioned above, when it's not hailing and we're not caught in a torrential downpour, the weather here in New England has been beautiful. Today is beautiful here and absolutely no exception What better day to put this into effect than today?! After all, there's no time like the present!
As stated in the article from Psychology Today: "Walking Can Lift Your Mood, Even When You Don't Expect It To", Dr. Jeff Miller, Professor of Psychology at Saint Xavier University suggests:
“If you are feeling disengaged or sluggish, and you desire to energize yourself, take a brisk walk around the block or through the cubicles...”
- Think about that, simply taking yourself away from your work for just a few moments will actually increase your engagement in your work
- If it is possible, meet with a friend and take a stroll on the town. It's amazing what a change of scenery for an hour will do.
- Enjoy the weather, explore a different part of your workplace, even if it's not as "aesthetically pleasing" as you may think. Beauty is all around us if we look.
- Don't just walk, actually observe things on your walk.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of mindfulness walking.
- Feel every sense. Hear every sound. See every sight. Take yourself outside of your reality for a moment.
And don't forget to vent to us about why your Monday Sucks, because just like this tweet (follow us on twitter here) describes, we STILL think that Mondays generally suck.
Shooters shoot, and closers close. Go out there and crush this (shortened) week.