How To Make Mondays NOT Suck #39
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less ...sucky. If this is your first time embarking on a Make Mondays NOT Suck (#MMNS) journey, we suggest that read this first. Because let's face it, as optimistic as we may be, we still think that Mondays Suck
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
There's nothing more disheartening than dragging yourself out of bed on an unseasonably chilly morning in the middle of summer. Give me a nice tall glass of OJ and let me watch Montel Williams right before the Price Is Right with Drew Carey. I'll take that for a Monday every week. But not today. Not THIS Monday.
Rest assured that the next holiday weekend is merely 26 days away.. (and you couldn't come a day sooner Labor Day Weekend!!)
Needless to say, we've ventured out into civilization and are now looking to learn:
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
Go To The Movies
Personally, I can't think of going to the movies without singing this sweet ballad by 'Bangs', the rapper:
Especially on gloomy/cloudy days like today, when you can't fully enjoy the summer weather by getting out on the driving range or taking in the scenes of a nice sunset, this is the perfect opportunity to go see a movie. Here's our list on why we think #MoviesAreTheAnswer :
- Escape the Stressors - Often times we get so caught overthinking our own lives that we forget to enjoy the ride along the way. Movies allow ourselves to momentarily escape our own realities and
- Break the Cycle - Depression can hit very easily when you go through the same motions day-in and day-out; Breaking this cycle will bring you out of your element
- Self-Efficacy Therapy - For those that have never gone to a movie by themselves, we strongly suggest you do so. My mom does this all the time and as bizarre as it sounds, I've done it before and it's actually quite therapeutic. You're basically telling everyone that you're a strong independent person who don't need no one else.. Even though no one else attending the movie is actually worried about what you're doing.
- Independently Selfish -You don't have to negotiate with your significant other about what types of candies that you'll be splurging on, or how much butter is "too much" on your popcorn.
- Envision Yourself as a 'Moviephone' Critic - Aspiring to become a movie critic?
Why not start today? Grow a moustache, grab an irish cab hat and get to reviewing.
The world awaits your opinions and insights!
Join the #MakingMondaysNOTsuck Movement with us!
Tag us on instagram @manifestmillennial with the hashtag: #MakeMondaysNOTsuck to be entered to win a FREE #MMNS Merch pack (Coming SOON!)
And don't forget to vent to us about why your Monday Sucks, because just like this tweet (follow us on twitter) describes, we STILL think that Mondays generally suck.
Shooters shoot, and closers close. Go out there and crush this week.