How to Make Mondays NOT Suck #17
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less ...sucky. If this is your first time embarking on a Make Mondays NOT Suck (#MMNS) journey, we suggest that read this first. With that being said, let's face it- we all know that Mondays suck.
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
Ever wake up and feel like things are just going by slower?
- You fantasized of paying someone your days salary in cash in order to stay in bed and sleep the day away (again sleep as a drug) #firstworldproblems
- Your 8 year old Macbook refuses to send an email with a 1.7 MB attachment (for those that don't know, that is ridiculously small file for reference)
- Your shitty cell phone freezes and won't stream your Official Manifest it! Feel Good Playlist
- You put on pants only to realize (not until finally making it to the car) that you need to go back inside and change on account of a split in the pant.
So with a sigh of aggravation and momentary dismay- I say to myself "Once I get to the office, this all changes."
So..How Do I Make THIS Monday Not Suck?!
If you're just joining us and missed our first Friday column: Thank GOD It's Friday you've clearly missed out on the introduction of Ross Bolen, author of the book "Total Frat Move" and more importantly Morning Coffee Thoughts where today he incorporates Michael Jordan and Space Jam.
It's a brilliant 2 minute read to get your mind right.
Today We're talking about.....
____ _ _ ____ / ___| ___ _ __ ___ | | | | _ \ _____ ___ __ \___ \ / __| '__/ _ \| | | | | | |/ _ \ \ /\ / / '_ \ ___) | (__| | | (_) | | | | |_| | (_) \ V V /| | | | |____/ \___|_| \___/|_|_| |____/ \___/ \_/\_/ |_| |_| \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \_\_\ / / / / / / / / / /_/_/ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \_\_\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \_\_\ / / / / / / / / / /_/_/ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \_\_\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \_\_\ / / / / / / / / / __ __ /_/_/ _ _ ___ _____ _____ ____ _____ ___ _____ | \/ | / \ | \ | |_ _| ___| ____/ ___|_ _| |_ _|_ _| | |\/| | / _ \ | \| || || |_ | _| \___ \ | | | | | | | | | |/ ___ \| |\ || || _| | |___ ___) || | | | | | |_| |_/_/ \_\_| \_|___|_| |_____|____/ |_| |___| |_|
Pretty nifty right? (I still haven't figured out the formatting for Mobile Devices.)
Either way, I hope I built some anticipation for today's topic:
Attending a Monday Night Television Viewing Party
This conversation actually brings me back to the days that my parents would have their friends come over for the Melrose Place series.
I still question my father's actual commitment to the plot-line but I'm pretty sure he was just good sport and I think he saw bigger picture, and bought into the event as a social interaction and not actually being about the show itself, however - the experience.
Also, speaking of experiences.. brings me back to a traumatic one I had with the game Taboo, I won't get into too much detail.. but since you're asking:
- Let's just say that a certain 7 year old did not understand the concept of the game.
- Maybe this 7 year old just wanted to showcase his higher than average reading abilities to a room full of adults.
- Was he wrong for not knowing the rules of the game?
- Shouldn't he have been sleeping? (Once an insomniac, always an insomniac I guess)
There are so many unanswered questions that come to mind, however, I digress..
BACK TO THE POINT..
We know what you're thinking. Mr. Manifest, aren't you all about productivity? There's nothing productive about watching TV... Mom Says "It Will Rot Your Brain!"
We're glad you asked! Please consider the following suggestions:
- Have you not read our blog posts: "5 Show That Will Inspire You To Chase Your Dreams" OR "How Can Television Inspire Behaviors?"
- At this point it's not even about losing productivity because we know that you've been taking our advice and"Exploring Your Interests in Your Spare Time"
- We all need to turn our brain's off and "Defrag".
- If you need any more convincing, check out this quote:
- "Neuroscientists still don't know exactly what's going on in the brain when it's glued to the TV. But EEG studies, which detect electrical activity in the brain, have found that the higher-functioning levels of the brain, like the neocortex we use for analysis and reasoning, go offline when we zombie out in front of the screen." - Meghan Neal, Is Watching TV Actually a Good Way to Rest Your Brain?
The question is: Why Not Tonight?
Strategies for Action:
- Find a Monday Night Show that tickles your fancy:
- For the guys, maybe it's something like Monday Night Raw! or my personal selection: Bates Motel (Shoutout to the original crew: John-John, Julie and Lyss!!)
- For the ladies.. you're probably already five steps ahead of me, this may be a refresher course if you're part of the #BachelorNation: but The Bachelor is on tonight folks, and it's taking America by storm (although one of our inside consultants confirms that this is one of the worst seasons.)
- Get some friends together
- Maybe some chips, maybe a little dip..who knows, maybe spring for a cheese platter or a veggie tray
- Dare I say, sprinkle in couple of alcoholic spritzers - some Zima's or the more readily available: Smirnoff Ice's because they taste like candy and you can realistically only drink one at a time and I'm convinced they do not contain alcohol #sugarhigh (if you're of age of course)
- Enjoy your night! Drake says YOLO, I say- Manifest it!
Also, I Still Don't Have a Place To Go Tonight.
I mean just because I didn't make the Real World doesn't mean I'm not a valuable candidate for a TV Viewing Party..
I blame it on the fact that I've had to remove myself from a group chat twice already because I didn't want spoilers and haven't gotten a chance to catch up on the last two episodes of Bates Motel. I'm determined today to catch up and be ready for tonight.
Anyone that would like to host me at their Bates Motel Viewing Party, please let me know or has any hot tips on any good viewing parties please contact me: Hey: Mr. Manifest, we'd love to host you tonight!
Until next week..
We Want to Hear From YOU!
How do you make YOUR "Make Mondays Not Suck" ? Make your case strong enough and we'll publish your suggestion!