How to Make Mondays NOT Suck #37
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck is a strategic and sometimes satirical mini-series that will make your Mondays less ...sucky. If this is your first time embarking on a Make Mondays NOT Suck (#MMNS) journey, we suggest that read this first. Because let's face it, as optimistic as we may be, we still think that Mondays Suck
Why Does This Monday Suck? (Click here to tell us why yours does!)
- It's a rainy commute..
- You couldn't fall asleep last night and as a result, you are droopy eyed as your shaky hands scramble for your coffee mug to jolt that much needed caffeine into your blood stream to activate the "let's get shit done" muscle.
- You left work in a frantic panic on Friday knowing that you didn't meet every deadline you wanted to...
- You can't help but mull over the list of "things to get done" as you brush your teeth, your stomach drops at the thought of a missed task... the "Oh shit!" moment.
Rest assured that the next holiday weekend is merely 41 days away.. (and you couldn't come a day sooner Labor Day Weekend)
How to Make Mondays NOT Suck THIS WEEK
But First: Weekend Recap
We're running this weekend recap again from last week because we were introduced by new instagram follower @w3sleysnipes to this awesome app that will make your day(s) THAT much more optimistic:
The app prompts you to submit a video diary entry every day from a video taken on that day which is trimmed down to 1.5 seconds. The premise is that at the end of the year you have a whole video of smaller clips from throughout the year to commemorate each day.
An awesome concept to a similar idea we've had, so we're gonna have to scratch that one off the list.. but we'll keep developing our other ideas as well.
Game of Thrones
ANOTHER amazing eppy boys! (reference to hilarious hockey parody instagram account ) - No Spoilers but not gonna lie we shed a tear over a few scenes. Happy tears. We're sensitive and emotional, so what?
But now that all is said and done, we're still back at it again Making Mondays NOT Suck By:
Coming Home to a Clean House/Room/Space
Similar to Make Mondays NOT Suck article #
Thanks to the help of my wonderful sister Luch!!, I was able to do a much needed clean/sort/organize of my room yesterday. Although it was draining, and took a good majority of the afternoon, I am happy that I can now go home today and relax without being reminded of the things that I didn't do this weekend.
- Clutter bombards our minds with excessive stimuli (visual, olfactory, tactile), causing our senses to work overtime on stimuli that aren't necessary or important.
- That means your smelly laundry is actually overexerting your senses. Get a grip buddy!!
- Clutter distracts us by drawing our attention away from what our focus should be on.
- Focus should be on your family, friends, hobbies, extracurricular activities!
- Clutter makes it more difficult to relax, both physically and mentally.
- Everyone has "THE chair" that they throw all their clean clothes on... stop procrastinating and just do it!! #Manifestit
- Clutter constantly signals to our brains that our work is never done.
- Subconsciously, when we don't have an organized space, we are priming our brains for #3
- Clutter makes us anxious because we're never sure what it's going to take to get through to the bottom of the pile.
- Not to mention even having the effort to do it to begin with..
- Clutter creates feelings of guilt ("I should be more organized") and embarrassment, especially when others unexpectedly drop by our homes or work spaces.
- "You're a slob!"; "Why do I do this to myself"; "I just want to sleep" - As you throw all your clean clothes off of your bed diving head first for the headboard
- Clutter inhibits creativity and productivity by invading the open spaces that allow most people to think, brain storm, and problem solve.
- Declutter is the key - chances are, you don't need most things that you keep. Let go of the security of "Might needing it, just in case."
- Clutter frustrates us by preventing us from locating what we need quickly (e.g. files and paperwork lost in the "pile" or keys swallowed up by the clutter).
- My friends know that I do this all the time with my X-Box Headset "Dude where is this kid?.."
So although the workday is seriously dragging on, (dragon-Game of Thrones reference there), I'm very excited to leave work today to enjoy the simple pleasure of going home to un-wind in a clutter-free zone!!#MMNS
Until next week, thanks for #MakingMondaysNOTsuck with us!
And don't forget to vent to us about why your Monday Sucks, because just like this tweet (follow us on twitter) describes, we STILL think that Mondays generally suck.
Shooters shoot, and closers close. Go out there and crush this week.